Sunday, June 12, 2011

The People i Left behind........

It’s really hard to sit in a new place and not look back at the people u have left behind. I have just been transferred from St Joseph’s Church Goregaon East to Holy Family Church Pestom Sagar and I can’t remember single instance that I have not looked back to think of people who were a part of my life.

Every time I pick up a Scrap card written by someone from the parish, I can’t help but smile and say to myself yes he/she has really touch my life... every SMS ends with the lines, Fr. We really miss u...and I smile back and say to my self...yes even I miss them.

In spite of all the ups and downs I experienced, I really enjoyed myself. There was lot to learn for every experience, form every encounter. An old sister once told me when I was a seminarian, that there is lot to learn from every single soul, provided u r willing to learn, and that has been my experience. Be it the Home for the Aged [ oooops sorry, my sweethearts ], the SSC animators or the zones that I was in touch with, or the Youth of the parish, they all made me feel young and one of them. The Eucharistic celebrations every Sunday and the Canteen after that was the high point of everything.

I loved every moment of my stay there. The little fights among the cats and ms J’s, the miss calls and the sms’s, the picnics and the waterfalls, the church collections and movies, the shared breakfast and lovely small parties we had, and how can I forget the many times I bored u all with my sermons, hmhmhm how I miss all those moments, they will never come again, but they will remain a treasure for the rest of my life. All in all I will miss all my young little sweethearts, some of them are still in touch with me.

Thanks for all that U have done for me!

Sayonara!

Yes we will meet again....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lin that was a beautiful and touching message... miss you 2 whenever I drove pass Goregaon I thought of you... now think of the distance that is between us... hope to meet you soon.

You take care and thank you for being a big part of my life......Jenny

Ashok said...

Mottu,

Any more of the mush & I will cry. It was nice speaking to you today. Miss you at the Morning Mass. One thing I will always remember about you is your 100 watt smile.
So keep smiling & bloom wherever you are planted.....Ashok

Loretta said...

Hey Fr. very well said, I can really imagine how much you miss all of us out here in Goregaon. We all, too miss your smile,your giggles, jokes and the warmth that you shared by being in touch with all of us.. God bless ya for the wonderful person you are !!!

Savio Abraham said...

When you first told us , you were getting transferred from St Joseph's , it was indeed a shock , to most of us . the simple question in everyone's mind was , why ? ! but as they say , everything has a time , i guess , it was about time , you moved on . The day when we all came to drop you at Pestom Sagar , we were all very anxious to know about your new parish and the new challenges you will have . When you told us , you would be teaching in the school , i was really happy to know that . It takes you , one step ahead from your previous role here in St Joseph's . and thats exactly what God does in our lives , when he moves us from the place we love , its not to give us more challenges ahead , but , to take us , one step ahead, in living the dream he has seen for us . I am very much sure , you will excel and become the 'next big thing ' in Holy Family ! It was indeed a pity , to have known you late in St Josephs , but as you always say , its not the end , its just the beginning ! What i will not miss about you is , not seeing your Wagon R parked , right next to the gate ! i can park my Car there from now ! ha ha ha , just joking . Yes , indeed as many have written above , its that 1000 Watt Smile , that scooty and the wagon R , which will be surely missed ! ( you had so many vehicles ! now the parking looks vacant , thank you ! , ha ha ha ha ) Take care Fr ! Pestom Sagar is on our road map , from now ! God Bless :)- SAVIO ABRAHAM

Mark said...

Hey Fr. didnt get to congratulate you wen you had come to st.lawrence that day. Any ways change is the only constant element in our lives. Hope you make some more beautiful memories in your new parish. God bless
PS. mum says hie!! --Mark

Mark Kenneth said...

Heh Fr. didnt get to congratulate you wen you had come to st. lawrence that day. Change is the only constant element in our lives. Hope you make some more beautiful memories in your new parish. God Bless..

PS. mum says hie!! --Mark