Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Should I celebrate my Birthday????

This is a Question I asked a thousand times….and yes yesterday I asked once again…Should we celebrate our Birthdays. YES…..

I, on purpose say yes in Capitols, because it has its own reasons. It’s good to be thankful for what you have achieved in life…the good and the bad.

Birth is our beginning. It is a window to the chance of a lifetime, the chance to fulfill our unique mission. So a birthday is a meaningful occasion, to be celebrated just as a nation celebrates its birth or as an organization celebrates its founding. Still, it is much more than an occasion to receive gifts. It is a chance to remember the day that a major event occurred, to celebrate and give thanks and to reflect upon how well we are fulfilling our calling.

A birthday is a time to celebrate birth itself, the joy of life. It is also an occasion to rethink your life: How great is the disparity between what I have accomplished and what I can accomplish? Am I spending my time properly or am I involved in things that distract me from my higher calling? How can I strengthen the thread that connects my outer life and my inner life?

On your birthday, gather with family and friends and enjoy something meaningful together.
I know many of them who close themselves on their birthday…switch off phones, go out on a be all by them selves on that day…people who have a different view of life…since I am getting old so why celebrate..

It's not the day you hate, but the fact that we are getting older, nor as fit or healthy as we used to be, we've stopped going out for midnight parties. and started listening to FM radio and eating diet food, or sometimes it's just looking at our shinning hair falling into the bowl, doesn’t mean that we should close our selves to others…

Cheer up, honey, You're not the only one getting old. No one likes getting older. But it's happening to us all, and ignoring your birthday won't make the family parties go away.

Even if you shut your self from the world or sit alone on a mountain top for the day, you're going to be a year older. What's more, if you're all alone with your depressing thoughts, who's going to stop you from jumping off?

I say, embrace your oldness. Take your age, multiply it by 100, then fly or drive that many kilometers away from where you live. Allow your favorite friends to accompany you and leave the rest behind. A birthday comes just once a year, so make birthday time extra special for those you care about.

I like to end with this beautiful poem I found on the net with regards to birthday….

Birthday Blessings
Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings now,
As your birthday nears.
Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who’ve enriched your life
Just by being there.
Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.
Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"
By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: